The workhorse of the Brain Imaging Research Center (BIRC) is a Philips Achieva 3 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner, a state-of-the-art research scanner, to address focus issues related to human neuroscience.
The BIRC provides multimodal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) acquisition, processing and analysis approaches to explore the neuroscience of human behavior in healthy and patient populations.
- Visual stimulus projection
- Psychophysiological monitoring
- Response acquisition
- Constant visual and auditory contact with subject
- Wide range of MR imaging sequences to support T1, T2, T2*, diffusion tensor/spectrum imaging, and magnetization transfer imaging
Research initiatives include:
- Childhood adversity
- Childhood obesity
- Childhood maltreatment
- Childhood traumatic brain injury/neuroplasticity
- Women’s mental health
- The neuroscience of individual human variation
- The neural representation of treatment outcome and its prediction